So you’re trying to sell a house in Atlanta, GA that just won’t sell?
And yet – the news says the real estate market is heating up and properties are selling… right?
The media is practically shouting again about multiple offers, high demand, and record-setting prices.
So where’s your contract?
If you’re asking “Why won’t my Atlanta, GA house sell?”… these tips below will help you get it sold a bit more quickly.
These tips could be just what you need to help you move your property.
- Get good help. Just like before, there are novice agents and investors rushing into the market trumpeting that they know what they’re doing. But many agents and investors simply can’t deliver on the results they promise. Only work with people who have testimonials from happy homeowners they’ve helped reach their goals… and who can offer you some sort of a guarantee with their service. Part of what we offer as a local investor is we’ll give you an honest, fair, and fast all-cash offer that we’ll GUARANTEE can close within 14 days or less.
- Don’t make too many improvements. Too often we see over-improved properties – those where the owners have gone too far. Even with the best of intentions, exceptional craftsmanship and true artistic talent, it’s incredibly challenging to exceed what the market is paying. Plus, most buyers want to add their own custom touches. Get rid of all the clutter and think “neutral”. In addition to that, you DON’T NEED TO do improvements if you sell to our company. We’ll buy the property as-is so you won’t have to worry about doing improvements or repairs. We’ll take them on on our dime. (Let us make you a fair offer here >> )
- Do make necessary improvements. If you plan to sell your house through a real estate agent or “for sale by owner”… to sell it for the best price and quickly you’ll need to make repairs and improvements to be attractive in the marketplace. Unfixed stuff scares buyers. Show that you’ve been a responsible property owner and get all the little details fixed. Don’t leave gaps in the trim or plates off of the switches. Get it inspected by a professional home inspector, and show off the healthy home report. This goes a long way towards establishing confidence that they’re making a good purchase. But again, if you don’t have time or the budget to do these improvements, selling to a reputable local Atlanta investor may be a great option for you.
- Style and design matters. Curb appeal when selling “retail” (to a person who plans to live in the house) is as important as the inside – so don’t neglect one part of the property to improve the other. Give buyers a cohesive impression of great style. Paint the walls, update the landscaping, and most of all – keep it immaculately clean. Consider hiring a professional designer to help tastefully stage the property. (NOTE: Same as above, if you’d rather avoid thinking about the details, cleanliness, or design… we can help.We buy ugly houses in Atlanta as much as we buy pretty houses. So let us make you an offer 🙂
- Pricing matters a lot. If you’re getting a lot of showings but not a lot of offers, you might not be too far off in price. If your best efforts to advertise your property aren’t making the phone ring, you’re probably overpriced. If you’re curious about the value of your house in today’s market, and what we can pay for your house today… don’t hesitate to connect w/ us by calling 678-439-9159 or submit your info through the form on this page here >> .
- Every property will sell if it is priced and marketed well.
Really there’s no magic formula. There are several options for Birmingham, Alabama homeowners who need to sell your Atlanta house fast. If you are looking for top dollar, can wait for the right buyer, and have the time and budget to make improvements to your house… go that route and look for a great agent to help you market it better.
If you don’t have the money or time in the budget for improvements, don’t want to pay real estate agent fees, and need to sell really fast… talk to us. We can help.